iPad support in Sitefinity training videos and demo

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:17

iPad support in Sitefinity training videos and demo

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I often browse and read Sitefinity 4.0  training, documentation, blogs and demos while in transit or at night while on the couch.

I find the most convenient device for do this is my iPad or IPhone however I find it frustrating that nearly all telerik videos can't be viewed on the iPad or iPhone.

Actually for that matter I can't reply to forum posts either as the editor does not support iPad or iPhone either. I use the code block tool to post this.

Anyone else feel my frustration?

Would telerik consider moving to a more widely accepted video format?

Seth

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Webinsite,

Thank you for the feedback.

Regarding the video format - I logged it for consideration and we will research what can be done in our case.

Regarding the editor in forums/tickets - we did certain changes last year and you can write posts through your iPhone. When this device is detected the editor is replaced with a standard TextBox. Safari for iPhone / iPad still does not offer a Rich Text Editing engine that the web WYSIWYG editors use to provide the ability to edit and format rich text content. I logged your request to add iPad as well.

All the best,

Raya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Yeah, the editor iPad feature request was mine from a while ago, and it seems to work in the telerik demo site, but here telerik is only running this version (.net 2.0!)

<!-- 2010.2.826.20 -->
So those changes were rolled in after that release...

Most new videos on tv.telerik.com should support iPad though FYI

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

We will probably upgrade telerik.com/sitefinity.com controls next month and you will be able to write tickets via your iPad soon.

Your feedback about tv.telerik.com is forwarded to the responsible team and they will consider it for future website improvements.

Best wishes,
Raya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Hey Raya,
  No sorry that wasn't a feature request for tv.telerik.com, it's more of a statement...most new videos there DO support ipad :)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

That's good :) Thanks a lot for the valuable feedback. 

Greetings,
Raya
the Telerik team

This thread is closed