Put a link to an image in the Image Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:59

Put a link to an image in the Image Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi

Probably not looking in the right place... where would I put a link in the 'image widget' so that the image can be a link? ie when using as the logo and needing the 'logo' to link to 'home'...

Thanks...

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

Unfortunately  you cannot set image map from within Image Widget.

To do this you can use 'Content' block
1. Add Content Block to Page
2. Click 'Edit' link
3. Point to the toolbar of the text editor - and click on Image Manager icon (CTRL+G)
4. Follow the wizard and upload an image
After image is uploaded
5. Right Click on the image> Select 'Image Map Editor'
6. Under the Image Map dialog - select the image area and enter the page u want to open in the URL field (in your case -  ~/home)

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello,
I need to add some text over the image. I do all the things you say, but when i richt click on the image, it returns me this error

Cannot deserialize dialog parameters. Please refresh the editor page.
Error Message:The input is not a valid Base-64 string as it contains a non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or a non-white space character among the padding characters.

What can I do? Where is the problem??
thanks a lot

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Ilaria,

You could try the suggestion in this article.

All the best,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

Doing as suggested in that article does not help. I added the key and the same error occurs.

This has just started happening all the time with the latest release of Telerik AJAX Controls.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Curtis,

Can you please elaborate a little bit on "I need to add some text over the image" so we can be sure we're on the same track here - if you simply want to insert some static text over the image, I'd suggest you to edit it using some image editing software and place the text. However, if you want a dynamic text (e.g. Tooltip on mouse over) you can easily configure this functionality using Sitefinity's Content editor - please take a look at the attached short video, and let us know if the described functionality suits your purpose.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed