IIS 6 ~/App_Data for Themes

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:29

IIS 6 ~/App_Data for Themes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2011 00:00

Today I was able to successfully update my site from Sitefinity 3 to 4.  The migration tool on codeplex made this process relatively simple and everything went pretty smooth but I did encounter a few issues.

1) Publish dates for libraries, blogs, pages, etc... were all set to todays date

Since I don't have much content on my site this was relatively easy for me to munge the database and fix these issues but it would be nice if the migration tool did his for you.

2) Per the new design I put my theme in the ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates folder but ran into a snag. 

The ~/App_Data portion was removed as expected and the URL sent to the browser was /Sitefinity/WebSiteTemplates.  From what I've found online this functions as designed but IIS did not pickup the mapping and served back 404s.  I thought maybe I had to add the sf404.aspx but from what I've found online this is no longer a feature in Sitefinity 4.

I'm hoping maybe I missed something in some documentation somewhere to address these items.  So far I am extremly happy with Sitefinity 4 and look forward to using more frequently.

-Thomas

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Thomas Weidman,

1) We are aware of this issue with the import tool an are seeking a resolution. So far there seems to be a problem resolving this one.

2) Can you please make sure that you have registered your theme correctly in Administration -> Advanced -> Appearance? If possible please show us the path you have used.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed