Populate a Combo Box

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:42

Populate a Combo Box

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello,

i create a new solution and I add to the Homepage a Combo Box (dragged from the RadControls menu).
I need to know how to add items to the control.. is it possible only from code? in that case, where can I find the control inside the Visual studio Solution Explorer?

Thanks
Ilaria

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Ilaria,

When you add a control to a page from the page editor, then this control is persisted in the data base. You cannot access it inside the Visual Studio. If you want to add items to a ComboBox then you can use one of the available data sources in the Toolbox from the right. Drop a Data widget to the page, configure it and then set its ID to the DataSourceID property of the ComboBox. For more information, please visit our online documentation http://www.sitefinity.com/4.0/documentation/User-guide/displaying-content-using-widgets.aspx

Kind regards,
Ivan Pelovski
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed