404 Error when browing to domain.com/sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:49

404 Error when browing to domain.com/sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi... Have got site to work in IIS7 by adding Network Service, etc, but I'm getting a 404 error when trying to browse to the domain.com/sitefinity admin screen... any ideas? thanks...

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

I've now gone back and opened the admin screen from the project screen locally which opens, but when I go back to the live site, I'm getting this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Cannot open user default database. Login failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SQLException: Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps) +613
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.RelationalConnectionPool.createRealCon() +219

[DataStoreException: Unable to connect to Backend=mssql;Driver=genericADO2;Server=.;Instance=SQLEXPRESS;Database=-;Integrated Security=true;AttachDBFilename=C:\Sitefinity\Projects\test\App_Data\Sitefinity.mdf;:
Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps)
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.RelationalConnectionPool.createRealCon()
DBDriver: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver
LOCK_TIMEOUT=5000
useUTCForReads=1 Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps)
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.RelationalConnectionPool.createRealCon()]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_2327afd725604f8086720095cd061ebd.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +195
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +1477
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +63
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +161
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +131
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager..ctor() +35
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager..cctor() +35

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager' threw an exception.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages.PageManager.GetManager(String providerName) +0
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection attributes) +583
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.GetSiteMapProvider(String rootName) +248
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityRoute.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +68
   System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +285
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +60
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Richard Cross,

Please make sure that Network Service account has a login in your SQL manager and is added to the db_owner for role for your database.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jun-2011 00:00

--Disregard-- error solved

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi i have got the same error when i trying to view my site domain.com/sitefinity...

Server Error in '/' Application.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SQLException: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.DBDriver.connect(ConnectionString connectionString, IDictionary driverProps) +610
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.sql.SqlDriver.InitializeFor(ConnectionString connectionString, Boolean noConnect, PropertySet props, Driver& driver, Connection& conn) +239

[AuthorizationException: Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessMetaDataProvider_d8a9f496a4c34353a29a570264c0d8a5.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +197
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +1250
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +63
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +297
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +131
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Metadata.MetadataManager..ctor() +12

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +98
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +241
   System.Activator.CreateInstance() +103
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +80
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +171
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) +261
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +238
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +115
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication application) +10
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +172
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +43
   System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +828
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +304
   System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +107
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +327

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

I found some solution that "Please make sure that Network Service account has a login in your SQL manager and is added to the db_owner for role for your database." in this forum.. but how can i do this ? any ideas ?
Thanks and Regards
Maharajan

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Genesis,

1.Take a look at this post.
2. You can assign the login to your database when you expand Users node of the database you want to modify and add NETWORK SERVICE account as a login. Please check attached screenshot.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi
This works great.

There is another problem i got.

Im using Sitefinity 4.1 SP3 version on my server. when i trying to create and publish my new template with custom master file (which is developed by me) in my server using IIS  it works fine.

But if i suppose to publish my new template or page from another PC or remote computer using domain.com it does not allow me to publish or create page or templates. it shows "undefined" popup message while create the custom templete. pls see the attached file for undefined error.

Pls help on this. how to fix this. its very urgent.

Regards
Genesis

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Genesis,

Check for js errors using FireBug and also enable Service Tracer log that will provide some more info about the error.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Ivan ,

Please help me to solve this . I created a sitefinity application for my client. I am using 4.1 version .It working fine in my local machine . When I upload to my client server I am getting few errors. Mainly I am not getting the titles edit window screen properly. You can see it in the attached image. And also when i save new title its giving my 'undefined' java script  error. I used Error console to track the error . But  I could not see any issue in the javascript error console. Could you please help me

Thank you
Roopesh

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Roopesh,

Most probably you have added some styles and customs scripts on the page or template and this causes the issue.Could you try using one of the built-in templates without adding your custom styles and scripts and see whether the issue will appear?

Also make sure that you have followed all installation and  deployment steps.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Ivan,
I followed all your instructions . and it worked great.

Thank you so much for your great help

Kind Regards
Roopesh

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2011 00:00

After a couple of happy hours frustration, following 4.1 to 4.2 upgrade,  where I could see and edits site through Sitefinity Project Manager but kept getting Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'. when browsing live site I finally found that closing and exiting the project manager made the issue disappear, very frustrating saturday.

Hope that this helps someone else

Charles

This thread is closed