folder structure after installation

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:19

folder structure after installation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

Look at the print, dont have a folder "Images"  on root of "project".

The version "3.7" create automatic. I did a comparison, see at the print.

I think version  4.0 dont install all folders.

"I need to know the physical address of the images" 

Hello renato,

This folder in Sitefinity 3.7 is created if you create the project from a template. Then we store the images in this folder and when the website is created they are transferred to the database. As mentioned in another of your threads - Sitefinity uses the database as a storage for images.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

ok, but how I access physically the images?

Hi renato,

You use the Images API to retrieve them from code, if this is what you are aiming at. If not, please clarify what is the exact goal you are trying to achieve so that we can point you.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I'm trying to be as clear as possible, as is our first experience with Site Finity, these questions seem to be "silly"is what more we need to clarify so we can acquire the software. I've had several prints explaining the case but had no precise answer.

We are creating a "template" from scratch and need basic information, read the tutorial at 4.0, is that we create some folders inside App_Data App_Themes, with their files, this information is correct?

I can not find the images that are saved by the module "Files Images" backend, the image appears on the site but I can not see it physically. When the image appears on the page, it comes with address "test_img / Images"but the Images folder does not exist in the root, why does this happen?

If you can help us ... thank you!

Hello renato,

As all images managed by the Images module in the content section are stored in the database they do not exist physically on your site, they exist in the database. If you wish to store the images for your theme in the Images module you can simply take the url from the image's properties (exclude the first part from the url and only use /images...) and use it the the urls in your CSS rules.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

So I can not even visualize them by physical access?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello renato,

I sent several replies to regarding the same request in this forum post. Please take a look at it if you have not done this so far.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

ok ... is that I am new to SF, this doubt really appear

This thread is closed