Layout feature request

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:33

Layout feature request

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

I want to be able to set simple properties on the LayoutControls... :)  You know when you hit edit and the right pane shows the style properties on the right?....well if I have some properties available, then I'd like it to somehow have those reflected there as well so they can persist back on save.

Pretty please...

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

I believe this request makes sense. 
We may have to improve the layouts. You are also right about the Vertical Size and the Layout tooltips. It seems this is going as a whole task :). 

I have fed your account with some points.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

That's good, it was hungry :)

I find that the layout controls in some ways are almost MORE useful than the widgets in that they're like super GC controls since you can chuck ANY widget inside of them....so for example I want to set a property or two that the user can configure like "Enable Embedded Scripts" which when false would allow the user to choose to use the EmbeddedResource links control or not.

Also, sorry to sidetrack this, am I able to reference controls on the layout like I can in the SimpleView with the virtual methods?

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Also, sorry to sidetrack this, am I able to reference controls on the layout like I can in the SimpleView with the virtual methods?

Unfortunately it's not easy at this time.  We can log it though. Since we are receiving this request for the first time, I am interested if anyone else will find it helpful? 

Kind regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed