Custom Field Displayed in Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:27

Custom Field Displayed in Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

I have added a custom field to my "Documents & Files" Content called "docVer".
I now want to display this custom field within the "Download List Widget".

I have edited the "Download List Widget" Template to include the custom field "docVer" by using a variation of the code the widget template uses for the "Document Type" field, as shown below. 
I simply replaced "documentType" with "docVer".

<telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="documentType" HeaderText="<%$ Resources:Labels, Type %>" DataField="Extension" ItemStyle-CssClass="sfdownloadType" HeaderStyle-CssClass="sfdownloadType" />

However, I can not specify the field header, I assume this is because the header is called out in the CSS Class.  But I do not know where to create a new class for this widget.

Is this the correct process to add a custom field to a widget?  Can I specify a header for this field within the widget?

Thanks,
David Whritenour

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello David ,

I have a few questions:
1) About the problem with field header - Do you mean that changing the HeaderText="<%$ Resources:Labels, Type %>" - doesn't not result in showing a column header with the value of the 'Type' label inside Labels resource class?
2) Did you edit the template directly from the widget designer (Edit Thumbnail list template button).-> you need to do this so the specific instance of the widget is associated with the edited template and not with the default one.
3)Did you actually add a label - 'Type' in the Labels resource class (~/Sitefinity/Administration/Labels)
4) Try restarting the application. It seems that some caching is taking place and the changed template is not showing, also the added resource label might not  - this is a big we will get fixed soon.

All the best,
Nikolay Datchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Thanks Nikolay,

Yes, was I restarted the application, the label displayed properly.
Thank you for your help.

Regards,
David Whritenour

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am trying to add custom field in to Registration form.here are the steps that i followed.
1.i added the Label in Sitefinity>Administration>Interface Labels & Messages...see step1.png
2.I added the code in the within the Registration Widget in Edit Template. see the step2.png and step2a.png
  <sf:TextField runat="server" ID="creditUnion"  DisplayMode="Write" DataItemType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.SitefinityProfile" DataFieldName="CreditUnion" Title="<%$ Resources:Labels, CreditUnion %>"/>
3.after publishing the page i enter the details and click on register button.
that time i got this error.see result.png
"Could not find the specified key "Type does not contain property with that name" or class id "ErrorMessages".

am i missing something??
Please let me know how can i fix it.

also i would like to see the same field with the result in profile .for instance first name,laste name in the profile.
Thanks!!

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2012 00:00

Cam someone reply me the answer of my Question Please???

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2013 00:00

hi rajesh,

did you got the answer for the above question. Am having same requirement. If you got the solution, can you share me .
thanks
mansoor

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello,

Please, take a look in this forum thread:http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/sitefinity-ux-/registration-widget-custom-fields

It contains explanation on how to add the field to the registration widget  in such a way that the value will be persisted when the user submits it.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed