Question about start developing with Sitefinity 4

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:39

Question about start developing with Sitefinity 4

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello,
I've been iussued to create a demo for monday next and I got some point to spot at since my time is running out...
I'll post my question here, hoping you can guide me trought the best approach....

1) I've to write a 2 combobox control that will fit in the left column of a master page, how do I handle the integration of them with Sitefinity? I've been able to get the "value" field of them while debugging but got no idea of how to ask sitefinity to create a news wiew filtering on the corrisponding category tag of the two dropdown.....do I have to use the fluent api?

2) I should need to put a search control inside a master page (near the logo) in order to have it displaied on each page, how can I add a sitefinity search bar since I'm not in the editor mode?

3) in order to debug should I just start pressing the F5 in VS2010?

4)Ive seen that using IE8 I got a lot of logout message, while in FFox it doesn't happen...is it related to the fact I'm using when launching the debugger?

5)How do I edit the predefined Sitefinity template?
Thanks

Paolo

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Paolo,

1. You can take a look at this sample which actually filters content items depending on the parent. The difference in your case is that you have to work with NewsItem.

2. To see the search on each page you should have SearchBox on your master page(template)

3. Please check MSDN

4)I cannot replicate such issues

5)You can use Widget Templates that is available inside Design tab of the backend. If you download the SDK you will have a zip with all templates of Sitefinity.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello Ivan,
thanks for your answer.....
for the point 3 I was aware of how to debug, was wondering if I can debug in a simple way a sitefinity project!
for the point 2 the search box should be inside the Sitefinity's DLL am I right? I need to add it in the master page I've added to the Sitefinity project

Thanks
Paolo

Hi Paolo,

You can drop the SearchBox from the Widgets toolbox section. It is not necessary to hardcode it inside the template.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello again,
but as far I've read If I want the search to compare in all the pages, without having to drag it I've to put it inside the .master file (I've tried adding a child page to a page but I won't see the template I've defined in the root page) and I've read on this forum that I need to put in the master page (as I do for the logo and for a custom control I wrote with 2 dropdown) so I've that fixed part........ is there a better way?
Thanks

This thread is closed