Email notification

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:45

Email notification

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello,
I'm working with sitefinity for a project for next monday...so, i need an answer as soon as possbile!

I need to send a notification each time a news is pubblicated or a documents is uploaded..is it possible? can i send the notification just by email or can I send an sms too?

thank you so much!

Hello Ilaria,

You can send an email by modifying the workflow.
For  Content items - news,events,pages etc we use xamlx files hosted in WCF service.You can crate custom xaml files for the content content with a DecisionActivity - which specifies what next options(actions) you have at a certain status of the item - example: on "Draft" status you have "Send For Approval" and  "Delete" action, on "Awaiting Approval" status - you have "Reject" and  "Publish" - these are specified by using a DecisionActivity in the FlowCharts. Inside these activities you can inject email sending.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the fast answer!

I have one more question: is it possible to send the same notification by sms (message to the mobile phone)??

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Ilaria,

In most countries mobile operators support so called "email to sms" service. So when you register for this service you get an email like this : 359123456@sms.operatorname.com where the first part is your  mobile number. Then when something is send to this email it will come as sms to your phone. There is a limit of 150-160 characters per SMS message

All the best,
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed