Custom themes lost on deploy

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:27

Custom themes lost on deploy

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Whenever I deploy the sitefinity site to our development server the master page has a message "The selected theme could not be found: THEME". I then go to Settings-> Advanced->Appearences->Frontend and add the theme that is on my local machine. I have to do this every time I redeploy. Am I missing something? Config file?

Without more information, it's difficult to answer this question but I'll try my best. I create and add new Themes everyday in the official release of Sitefinity and I don't have any issues.

Let's say you have a Theme names 'Spring' in the App_Themes folder. You structure should look like this :

App_Themes/Spring/Global/*.css
App_Themes/Spring/Images/*.jpeg,png etc
App_Themes/Spring/JS/*.js

Then you go to Settings - > Advanced -> Appearences -> Frontend themes->  Create new ->

In the Name, type Spring
In the Path, ~/App_Themes/Spring  (assuming your folder is at the root directory)

Click Save Changes

That should do it... Let me know if you still can't find it...

The Themes are stored in the following config file:

~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/AppearanceConfig.config

Sitefinity projects, by default, are web application projects...which means all files aren't automatically included in the project.  Use the "Show All Files" icon above the Solution Explorer to show files not already included in the project.  You can then right-click to include those files in the project.

My guess is that your deployment process is only deploying files explicitly included in the Web Project and ignoring files (like the AppearanceConfig.config) not included in the project.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

This thread is closed