Lock request time out period exceeded

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:08

Lock request time out period exceeded

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Hey,

I have been updating text values in multilingual_value_en in sf_control_properties just trying to do a mass replace of text over ~400rows and it updates it, but i receive the error:

Message: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Lock request time out period exceeded. at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.ResultSetImp.next() at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.fetch.FetchResultImp.rsNext() at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.fetch.FetchResultImp.hasNext()

When trying to view any page after that. Is there anywhere to increase this lock timeout period?? Would that make a difference if i did? It must be a time issue, as when i tell it to update text on less rows it updates fine...thoughts?

Many thanks,

Louis

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Louis,

Can you give us some sample code or project to see how exactly you're doing it? If possible attach a backup of the database before the changes you made and a backup with the changes after that.

Best wishes,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

Thanks for the response Pavel, however this does seem to have fixed itself; having changed no settings, this is now updating absolutely fine. I am unsure as to why it works now, but just pleased that it does!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

Ya, we get this occasionally too. Just got this trying to log into a website.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2012 00:00

Now getting this all over the website. Even just loading the homepage. I've submitted a ticket. Can this timeout be increased till we determine why websites are randomly failing with this message?

This thread is closed