Adding a Custom CSS in Blog

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:52

Adding a Custom CSS in Blog

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I want to change the look and feel of the Blog Module.I have written my own template for blog but I could not find how can I specify my own css file in blog file.There are a few tutorials available for this but all are for sitefinity 3.6 or 3.7. and I am not able to map these documents to sitefinity 4.0.

I have one more Question about Blog control. In Blog-post template we have a field author that is preceded by "by". I want to change this "by" to something else, but it is some what related to literal control that displays this information. how can I change this?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Mohit

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Mohit,

There are few ways to specify the CSS files  for the blog template that you have created.

1. To attach the CSS file in your master page (if you use such) - <link href="/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/Mohit...". In this case the file will be loaded on all pages that are using this template.
  2. To attach the CSS file in the pages where you use the blog widget. Drop the CSS styles widget and enter the path to your css file - /Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/Mohit//. In this case the file will be loaded only on some pages.
  3. If you are not using the integrated widget editor but an external ascx template you can attach the CSS file just like in the first variant.

To remove the "by" word before the author's name just remove the line from your template:

<asp:Literal ID="Literal2" Text="<%$ Resources:Labels, By %>" runat="server" />

Best wishes,
Jordan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed