Use Own .Master file - Return Code: 0?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:09

Use Own .Master file - Return Code: 0?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

I'm having one hell of time trying to import a custom master page for use in SI4. Every attempt when using "use your own .master file" fails, throwing a JS alert error "Return Code: 0"...

I've followed the SI4 Designers Guide to using custom master pages at: 

http://www.sitefinity.com/4.0/documentation/designers-guide/creating-a-template/creating-a-template-using-master-pages.aspx

Any help would be great. I checked the Error log and see nothing specific to this.

Thanks,
Matt

There isn't a lot to it.  

1.  Create a Master Page
2.  Create a new Page Template in Sitefinity
3.  Select to use an existing Template
4.  Select from your Master Page
5.  Done

When getting vague errors, I recommend simplifying everything until the error goes away, then begin re-adding code until it breaks again.

Create a brand new master page, do nothing with it and add it to Sitefinity.  Does this work?

If so, start re-adding code from your custom Master page bit by bit until it breaks again.  This will hopefully help you identify what the problem is.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Weird, this worked flawlessly on my first attempt today. 

Thanks,
Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Matthew/Gabe,

We have received the "Return Code: 0" error as well.  For us it is impossible to change an existing Template to a different Maser Page.  We can create a new Template and select a Master Page.  Whenever we need to change a Master Page, we have resorted to deleting a Template and remaking it.

Also, anytime we rename a Template there are errors and breakages abound.  Especially if we rename a Template that other Templates are based upon.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Dan,

I'm not able to reproduce "Return code 0" error. Did you receive this error message every time you try to select a Master Page? Maybe you can describe some steps to reproduce or send me a video.
You can also give a try on our demo - demo.sitefinity.com/Home.aspx

According to your problem with changing existing Template to a different Master Page I logged it as a bug with id 106589. I can suggest you a workaround. When you are creating a template select "Don't use template (start from scratch)", then use Actions > Base template and select your master page. After that you will be able to change this master page with another.

I think you should not have any problems renaming a template, can you provide more information about this errors you receive, any screenshots or examples would be nice. Thank you in advance!

All the best,
Petya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed