Video streaming?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 12:06

Video streaming?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello,
I've created a project, in wich i add the Video and the Video gallery modules. I have some questions about it:

1) is the video in streaming or "downloaded" and after executed?

2) is possible manage the videos with CDN (Content distribution network)?

3) in the Video module, can I assign at runtime the video to show (ex. the last uploaded)?

Thanks
Ilaria

Hello Ilaria,

1. We do not use Streaming.
2. Currently this is not supported, but we have plans to implement provider for AmazonS3 or Viddler.
3.  When you open the Video control for editing there is a property AutoPlay  which you can set to true or false.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

About the Autoplay, I st it to TRUE, but i have to assign it...i need that the module show the last uploaded video, without I assign it to the module.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Ilaria,

If you don't want to do this programmatically you can use VideoGallery control

1. Drop the control on a page
2. Open the control for editing
3. Set Sort videos - Newestfirst
4.Go to Settings and set  Use Limit to 1

Note that this control does not support autoplay.

If you want to show the last item and use AutoPlay, you have to create a custom control that inherits from MediaPlayerControl. The control has a property MediaUrl which you can set to the last uploaded item. To get the last uploaded item you can use the Media Modules API

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed