Registering Custom Modules

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:36

Registering Custom Modules

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

I am trying to register the Jobs Intermediate custom module found in the installation  path of sitefinity 4.0, build 4.0.1098.0 (telerik\Sitefinity 4.0\Samples\CS\) after I failed to register my own custom module.

I referenced the module assembly in my sitefinity project and added the necessary configuration in the administration settings area and reset the IIS but that didn't get the Jobs module to appear in the Content menu.

Below is the SystemConfig.config entry for the new module:

<
add title="Jobs" description="" resourceClassId="JobsResources" type="JobsIntermediate.JobsModule" startupType="OnApplicationStart" name="JobsModule" />

Am I missing or doing anything wrong?

Thank you very much for your kind assistance.

Fadi Raheel.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Fadi Raheel,

The actual name of the module is "Jobs".

Try the following configuration:

<
add title="Jobs" description="" resourceClassId="JobsResources"type="JobsIntermediate.JobsModule" startupType="OnApplicationStart" name="Jobs" />

Greetings,
Pavel
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Pavel,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I have changed the module name but that didn't get the module to display. Is there any other thing i can do to get it registered?

thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Fadi Raheel,

Please remove the version attribute for this module and restart the application. This should re-register the module.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Thanks Radoslav Georgiev for your reply but I do not have the version attribute for the module. see below

<add title="Jobs" description="" resourceClassId="JobsResources" type="JobsIntermediate.JobsModule" startupType="OnApplicationStart" name="Jobs" />

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Fadi Raheel,

Can you please set the name property to JobsIntermediate?

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

I added the "Jobs Intermediate" folder inside my sitefinity project. Also I I added the module as mentioned in systemconfig.config.

Can you please tell me where to check this module added in sitefinity....?

Thanks
sathiya

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi sathiyaseelan,

If the modules is added to Sitefinity we create a new record inside

~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/systemConfig.config

Note that there should be a property version, which shows the module version. If you remove this property, this should reinstall the module. Application restart is required after changes to the config files.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed