Is Sitefinity Ajax enabled??

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:58

Is Sitefinity Ajax enabled??

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello,
I've created a master page with a custom user control (2 dropdown) and I've added a downloadlist, I've set paging on the dowloadlist and when I switch the downloadlist page I got the refresh on the whole page (so my dropdown reloads.....) is there a simple way of enabling an ajax behavior for it?
Thanks

Paolo

Hello Paolo,

We set NAvigateUrl to the link of  a page, so this makes ResponseRedirct. You can persist the combo value using attributes, cookie or session.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

So If I've got 4 own written custom control I've to persist each one with some tecnic....... ok perfect

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Ivan,
consider this case, I've got a menu in the template, I wish only to update the content and not to reload all the page, can I put an ajax container for the content (where content is the central part) or not?

Thanks

Hi Paolo,

You can use RadAjaxPanel and all postbacks that your control performs will be converted to an AJAX requests without. Another option is updating the controls through services.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello Ivan,
can you please provide me two samples? I think it's simplier the first.... can I tell the

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadCalendar1">
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="MainContent"></telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl>

to control the

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder
?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Paolo,

Here is a sample

<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">

function OnRequestStart(sender, args)
          var statusLabel = document.getElementById("<%= statusLabel.ClientID %>");
          var txtBody = document.getElementById("<%= txtBody.ClientID %>");
          var sendMessage = document.getElementById("<%= sendMessage.ClientID %>");

if (args.get_eventTarget().indexOf("sendMessage") != -1)
              statusLabel.innerHTML = "Sending message...";
          else
              statusLabel.innerHTML = "Restoring...";

txtBody.disabled = true;
          sendMessage.disabled = true;

function OnResponseEnd(sender, args)
          var txtBody = document.getElementById("<%= txtBody.ClientID %>");
          txtBody.disabled = false;

</script>

</telerik:RadCodeBlock>

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel id="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" ClientEvents-OnResponseEnd="OnResponseEnd" ClientEvents-OnRequestStart="OnRequestStart">

<asp:Button Text="Send Message" OnClick="sendMessage_Click" runat="server" ID="sendMessage" Style="width: 116px;" />
<asp:TextBox ID="txtBody" Text="Type here..." runat="server" Width="509px" Height="208px" TextMode="MultiLine" Rows="100" Columns="20" Style="border: 0px; background-color: transparent;font-size: 12px;" />
<asp:Label ID="statusLabel" runat="server" Style="color: #698901; margin-top: 13px; display: block;" />
</telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

server side

public void sendMessage_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)

System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(500); //Should remove this from production code!
          txtBody.Text = "Type here...";
          statusLabel.Text = "Message sent!";

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed