Search engine does not reflect rights

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 13:05

Search engine does not reflect rights

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I setup a simple page for testing search.
I created an index some pages with content boxes and a search box and a page with search results.
Every thing seems to work until I started to restrict rights on some pages.

The searchresult is still displaying results (and thus content) of pages to the anonymus user wich are restricted to backendusers. When selecting such a page from result I got the "This type of page is not served" error message.

Tryed to reindex and then deleted the index and created new, no success.

Am I missing something , is there another way or is it just a bug?

I think this is a major roblem!

Kind regards 
Udo

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Le Corbu,

"When selecting such a page from result I got the "This type of page is not served" error message."

If the user you use does not have permissions to see this page, it is normal to see this error. The problem here is that we do not check the page permissions and exclude these pages from the index.

I logged a request for this implementation with ID - 106285

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,
anything new with this issue?
Or is there another way to reflect page rights in search results (I haven' found anything in documentation).
I think I would need to iterate through search results and then remove those entries where the user has not appropriate rights.

Kind regards
Udo

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello,

You should override InitializeControls of the SearchResult control. There you can get the page id from the IResultSet. There is a Field -OriginalContentid.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed