Compiled and artificial at the same time

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:56

Compiled and artificial at the same time

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Help!

I'm running Sitefinity 4.0, created several pages and all, and then I decided to try out the multi-language feature.
I went to Administration > Settings, and added an extra language and saved.
I clicked on Pages and then got the following exception:

Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.MetadataException: Field 'UrlName_' of class 'Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content' is described as compiled and artificial at the same time. --> Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=4.0.1098.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563/namespace[Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model]/class[Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content]/field[UrlName_]

Since then I can't log back in the administration site (You were automatically navigated form "/Sitefinity/" because you are not authorized to access that page!), nor view the front-end.

In the ResourcesConfig.config file, I removed the extra-language I added through the UI, and no changes.
Sitefinity probably stored a setting somewhere in the DB as well but I don't know where to look at.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carl

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

By the way, here's the complete stack trace:

[MetadataException: Field 'UrlName_' of class 'Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content' is described as compiled and artificial at the same time. --> Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=4.0.1098.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563/namespace[Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model]/class[Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content]/field[UrlName_]]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessMembershipProvider_064d100aae80487ba77f9219533b5925.Initialize(String providerName, NameValueCollection config, Type managerType) +405
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +2216
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.InstantiateProvider(IDataProviderSettings providerSettings, ExceptionPolicyName policy, ManagerBase`1 manager) +74
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SetProvider(String providerName, String transactionName) +214
   BuildUp_Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserManager(IBuilderContext ) +306
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.BuildPlanStrategy.PreBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) +304
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder2.StrategyChain.ExecuteBuildUp(IBuilderContext context) +434
   Telerik.Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides) +440

[ResolutionFailedException: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserManager", name = "Default".
Exception occurred while: Calling constructor Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserManager(System.String providerName).
Exception is: MetadataException - Field 'UrlName_' of class 'Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content' is described as compiled and artificial at the same time. --> Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=4.0.1098.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563/namespace[Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model]/class[Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content]/field[UrlName_]

It fails in the OpenAccessMembershipProvider.
I actually have a specefic configuration on that part since I've got two sites (SiteA and SiteB), SiteB using SiteA's users and roles.
To set this up I followed the steps described in this post and it worked great.
I'm not sure it's linked but if ever this helps...

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Carl Anderson,

can you confirm that the account of your application pool (generally NETWORK SERVICE) has the permissions to modify the database? The implementation of multilingual support in Sitefinity requires the running account to have such permissions (since it is adding additional columns for the new languages).

Kind regards,
Ivan Osmak
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

can you confirm that the account of your application pool (generally NETWORK SERVICE) has the permissions to modify the database?

Yes, the Network Service account is db_owner of the site's database, and in fact, if I take a look at the tables, I do see extra-columns such as url_name_[culture] and so on.

So it looks like the modification succeeded, well partially at least.

If you need to, I can provide you with a backup of my database as well as the ASP.NET sources so you can easily reproduce my issue.

Regards,

Carl

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I haven't found and couldn't fix what happened last Friday, so I started over; but this time I added localization since the very beginning (before any data is added to the database) and it seems to be going just fine.

Cheers,
Carl

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Carl Anderson,

glad to hear that you've managed to get the issue resolved. We'll try to reproduce the issue you were having before and fix it if we manage to reproduce it.

Kind regards,
Ivan
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem after installing version 4.0.1141.0 this happening the following error:

Field 'UrlName_' of class 'Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content' is described as compiled and artificial at the same time. --> Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=4.0.1141.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563/namespace[Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model]/class[Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.Content]/field[UrlName_] 

I can not put the same user pool to the database for security issues, how to proceed in this scenario?

Thks.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Felipe,

Please try creating an SQL user for your database which has permissions to read, write data, as well as create and alter tables.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed