Modify Page properties error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:50

Modify Page properties error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi, I have a sitefinity 4.0 page that I'm trying to modify the title, however when I click the update button on the page a popup box appears with:  "You are trying to access item that no longer exists, The most probable reason is that is has been deleted by another user".  The page isn't deleted.  How do I resolve this?
Thx
-geoff

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Still stuck on this. Child pages can change ok, it seems just this one top level page produces the error.
-geoff

Hello Geoff,

We had similar issue before the official release when the page is "Draft", but the issue should be fixed in the official release. Do you have a problem for another page created on the same level? We will need some more detailed information

- status mode of the page
- permissions that are set for the user you use

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

The page is published, the user has admin privs. I do not have the error if I create a new top level page and a child under it. It seems only to occur on this page tree.
-geoff

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Geoff,

Unfortunately we cannot reproduce this locally, using the official release. I suggest you the following:
- Recreating exactly this page and check if the problem persists or
- Sending us the database and the template used for that page. We will attach it to a local project and see the problem while debugging.

Let me know if these are options.  

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed