Download Sitefinity 4.0 Community Edition

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:40

Download Sitefinity 4.0 Community Edition

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

On this page, http://www.sitefinity.com/purchase/license-comparison.aspx, there's a download button on the bottom to download the Sitefinity 4.0 Community Edition.

But, the link takes to http://www.sitefinity.com/account/your-products/trial-product-versions/trial-single-download.aspx?pid=725

Is this for 30-day Trial? I don't want a Trial. I want the Community Edition for my personal non-commerical website.

Michael
Confused in Seattle

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting us!

Actually, the download link is for the Sitefinity project manager. It is the tool that you use to create instances of Sitefinity. During the creation of a new one, you go through a setup wizard, which asks what type of Sitefinity edition you'd like to use. One of the options there is to use Community Edition, which involves no trials.

Please try that, Michael, and let me know if you had any problems!

Greetings,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Downloaded the Project Manager. Created the Community Edition. During the Project Startup, the first step is to set up the database.

I selected, "Microsoft SQL Server Express".

Accepted the default instance name, "SQLExpress".

I get an error, "There was an error trying to connect to the Database Server: Could not connect to server."

I tried several different names for the Instance and still get the same error.

Michael
Stumped in Seattle

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Michael,

This error means that the project cannot access your database server instance. The server is not accessible or its name is not correct.
Can you try to access the server by using a simple user control with SqlConnect?

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2011 00:00

For the SQL Server Express, I tried several different things for the Instance field
1) An actual database connection string.
2) Names of the databases under SQLExpress.
3) Foobar
4) NotFoobar

Finally, on a whim, I left the Instance field blank and it worked.

This thread is closed