AjaxControlToolkit ReorderList not working

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:44

AjaxControlToolkit ReorderList not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

I have a custom control that allows reordering of items inside an UpdatePanel. If I put the control on a test ASPX page, it works fine. But inside SF, I can't reorder the items. They show up correctly, but when I try to drag them, it's as if they were just in a plain old repeater.

Any thoughts?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

Thank you for using our services.

It is a bit hard to determine what the problem might be. I am thinking that it is related to a problem which we have with view state, however I am not very sure as I do not know how you have created your control. If possible can you please show us some sample of code and markup which you use in your control?

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Deleted post: long and not relevant

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

Interesting, I am not quite able to make this work in a normal .aspx page either. Can you please show me the markup of your .aspx page?

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

Thank you for providing the code.

I think I have been able to resolve the problem with the control. It seems that the problem is related to this issue with the ReorderList control when working in .NET 4.0. Changing the ClientIDMode in the web.config as bellow made the reorder list appear correctly:

<pages clientIDMode="AutoID">
  <controls>
    <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"/>
    <add tagPrefix="sitefinity" namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields" assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity"/>
  </controls>
</pages>

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed