Anonymous user unable to view html in content block

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:45

Anonymous user unable to view html in content block

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hey,

Pretty much as the title suggests, that when i am logged in, the whole website is viewable, with all content visible as it should be on every page. However, as soon as i view the website without logging in, any html that was written in content blocks is not visible; the template for that page is visible (eg i can see the header and footer). I can see other controls such as the news module, navigation etc.

Permission on all pages are currently set for Everyone to view every page, i have even tried selecting which users can view pages (selecting all of them) and this still doesnt work.

I am hoping you have a solution?

Regards,

Louis

Hi Louis,

Could you check whether there are permissions set for the widgets/layout elements. Since you see all data when you are logged in I suppose that the issue is related to the permissions.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the quick reply! Whereabouts is this set? I did have a look around for this before, but was unable to find such a setting?

Cheers,

Louis

Hi Louis,

I prepared a short video for you.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

Many thanks, sorry i was looking for a more general setting to change, but you are correct, this will work, however i am suspecting it is the migration from 3.7 to 4.0 that has set every content block to be set as viewable by only an Administrator. We have 250+ content blocks throughout our site...you wouldnt know which table in the database these permissions are set in would you?

Regards,

Louis

EDIT: When i go to set the permissions on an individual content block, the header comes up with 'null', as shown in the attached screenshot.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

*bump*

Hi,

Anyone know which table in the database the permissions for page content viewing are set in?

Thanks,

Louis

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Louis,

All permissions are stored in sf_permissions. For the separate types we have joint tables like [sf_pg_templates_sf_permissions] and[sf_permissions_inheritance_map], but the grant actions are inside sf_permissions

I suggest that you should try using the API for making bulk changes to the permissions

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed