Registering the Jobs Module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:06

Registering the Jobs Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

Hey Telerik Folks,

I've been working through the custom module example, reading the documentation for the simple Jobs module that was shipped with the final release.  I've also copied in the Jobs module project page for page and followed the steps in regards to registering the module.

Problem is, no matter what I do, how I attempt to restart Sitefinity, I can't see Jobs appearing in the Content listing.  I'm attaching a screenshot of my register screen in hopes that helps.

Any advice?

Thanks.

- William

Hi William,

Can you try the following

Open

SystemConfig file and add code below

<add title="Jobs" description="JobsSampleModule" resourceClassId="JobsResources" type="Jobs.JobsModule"startupType="OnApplicationStart" name="JobsModule" />

Then restart the application and see whether the module will appear.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

Still no module in the list.  When I opened SystemConfig, I noticed that "add" line was already present.  I replaced it with your version, restarted (by editing and resaving the web.config) and still nothing.

Any other ideas?

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Side note, I've tried various combinations of getting this module registered and mucking with the config files, and still nothing.  It looks like some other folks are having the same problem based on forum posts.

Any help you can provide for how to force this to happen somehow would be fantastic.  I've appreciated all the in-depth forum help you've been providing for 4.0.  I'm hoping you can pull magic out of the bag again for me.

Sorry for the nudge, but this is pretty much the last bit of investigation I need to do before we build, and we are waiting to see how the modules work before we make a final CMS decision.  I'd love to be done with the process.

Thanks.

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello William,

Can you check also if the Jobs module has automatically added its tool declaration in the ToolboxesConfig file?

Generally once the module is added to the SystemConfig in the <applicationModules> scope like this

<add name="Jobs" title="Jobs" type="Jobs.JobsModule" startupType="OnApplicationStart" />

it gets installed on the next application start. The most important property of this declaration is the type="Jobs.JobsModule" which should match your Namespace.ModuleName.

I would suggest you also to try the attached sample project with installed Jobs module, which I have taken and tested from the SDK samples. You can look in the code and try it out.

The credentials for this project are admina / admina@2 . You'll need to unpack the two .zip files in one folder and then add your own Telerik.Web.UI.dll and Telerik.Sitefinity.dll to the SitefinityWebApp\bin folder.

Kind regards,
George

the Telerik team

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/248148_5F00_SitefinityWebApp.zip:320:240]

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/295/248147_5F00_JobsModuleSample.zip:320:240]

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi George,

Well, here's a bit more information for you.  I still can't get my Jobs module to appear as a module in the Content menu despite manually adding it, as you've shown, to both ToolboxesConfig and SystemConfig.  It does successfully show up as a tool when I add it manually, and I can view that content.  However, uploading a new "job application" fails on submit.

I downloaded your zip files (thanks for those), set up my database connection as needed and went about dropping the DLLs you mentioned into the project.  What I found, unfortunately, is that I had to drop in most of the other DLLs as well, as those references were broken.  No problem in doing that.

I then compiled and tried to view the admin in a browser and I ended up getting a ton of "wrong version" messages about key DLLs in the project based on the assembly.  For instance:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=4.0.685.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I proceeded to replace those as well in the Jobs module as I'd already replaced them everywhere else.  As I did that and tried to compile, my compile failed with:

Error    3    'Jobs.JobsModule' does not implement inherited abstract member 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.ModuleBase.GetModuleConfig()'    C:\Sitefinity Projects\From Sitefinity\Jobs\JobsModule.cs

Error    4    'Jobs.JobsModule' does not implement inherited abstract member 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.ModuleBase.Upgrade(Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.SiteInitializer, System.Version)'    C:\Sitefinity Projects\From Sitefinity\Jobs\JobsModule.cs

What I'm now wondering is if my upgrade from RC to Final didn't work as that message about .685 clearly references the RC version.

I wanted to give you this information, and since I haven't actually started to develop yet on the real project, I may just start again with a cleanly created project from the project manager and see how far along I get on that road.  I noticed in looking at your files and mine, for instance, the differences between my web.config layout and yours.

I'll update the post if I find more information.  Thanks for your response.

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hey George,

Created a new project.  Dropped the Jobs module in exactly as it was in my project before, changed systemConfig... and this time it worked.

So whatever had happened, it must have been due to the upgrade from RC to Final.  I have no other explanation. 

Thanks for all your help on this, Telerik.  I'll open a new thread if I run into any other module issues.

- William

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi William,

Thank you for the follow-up. Sure, you can open another thread if you have some more issues.

Kind regards,
George
the Telerik team

This thread is closed