Workflow Approval

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:12

Workflow Approval

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

I've setup a workflow where we basically have an editor, an approver, and then it gets pushed live.  I've got a special case where an editor can also be an approver, but we don't want them to be able to approve their own content, only other content added by other editors.  Is this possible and if so how?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

We do not support this case. You should implement your own logic to achieve this. One way is to modify the workflow to throw an exception  if the current user is the editor of the content item. The result will be an alert  when the editor try's to approve his own content. You can download the xaml files from your account and map the templates through Administration >> Settings >> Advanced >> Virtual Path Provider settings

All the best,
Teodor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Teodor,

Would you be able to provide me any sample code as to how to modify the workflow?  I haven't actually worked with .NET workflows before. 

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

You can take a look at this blog post explaining how you can extend workflow. Please note that modifying workflows requires Professional or Enterprise Edition license.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed