How to create a basic module - Can't follow (just me?)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:26

How to create a basic module - Can't follow (just me?)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

Is it just me or are there other people out there that have problems following most of the guides provided?

So I have installed SiteFinity 4, and one of the first things I am presented with on the "Sitefinity Welcome" application is "How to create a module  - basic".

Already, within 5 minutes, I am lost.  It doesn't say in this PDF (or online guide, or anywhere else) what references or using directives are needed.  Can someone, please, provide a working sample project that I can download that follows this guide?  All I am trying to learn this new system, and the guides just aren't doing it.

Thank you.
R

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Richard,

We have have it on our plan to revise the tutorials related to modules, so that they start with what references and usings are required. When you install the whole Sitefinity suite you can take a look a the deployed code samples which has the whole jobs module project which can inspect to see what you need.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi There,

While you are at it, create proper VS.NET templates for modules. I find it very combersome to get all the plumbing in place.

Regards,
Jean Erasmus

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Radoslav,

Do you guys have a time-table on this?  We're looking to deploy Sitefinity in the next few months here and are running into problems trying to develop new modules.  Speeding this process up would also speed up our purchase time frame.  Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

We do have Visual Studio Templates for a Sitefinity module which gets installed with the installation package.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Radoslav,

Are you referring to the jobs and products module?  The problem I'm experiencing with these is the documentation is not thorough at all.  I was hoping for a better guide to module creation.

Chris

Hello,

Unfortunately this is the documentation that we have now. We are going to extend the module with some new features for Q1 and we will update the documentation. I am sorry for the inconvenience that this might have cased you.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed