Lists Module

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:10

Lists Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

I have many sites using the Lists module in SF3.7 - this feature has been dropped in the new release of SF4. Has anyone managed to find a work around to this and a method to migrate the content of lists fromSF3.7 to SF4? Any help would be welcome!

Hello Stuart,

The migration tool does not move lists data to Sitefinity 4.0, because there is no such a module. We are considering extending the migration tool and moving lists to Content in Sitefinity 4.0, but I cannot give you a time frame when this will happen. The migration tool is open source and if this is critical for you an option is using the Lists API to move the content

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello Ivan,

This isn't much help to me, I'm aware of the status of the migration tool and absence of the module in SF4 already henc emy support call and forum posting - I really need some detail on a full solution.

I don't really want to fill pages of generic content for users to wade through and have no means of rendering these entries in the way SF3.7 allowed me to.  I don't think Telerik fully appreciates the scale of the problem for me - or am I the only customer who used lists?

Anyone else out there have the same problem - please make it known to Telerik.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Stuart and Ivan,
We are in the same situation. We will not be able to complete the migration until this issue had been sorted. It would be extremely appreciated if we could knew when Telerik plans to include this module in Sitefinity 4.
Best regards

It is also a problem for us. But as you can read in other post, there are many "gaps" in v4!

Hello,

I also concur. The list module is one that I have been eagerly waiting so see make it into Sitefinity 4. It is one module I sorely miss from 3.7. Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello guys,

I can assure you in one thing - the Lists module is one of the first modules that will appear in the system from now on.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Any word on the List module? The are several different scenarios we have that Lists are much more appropriate for than generic content or modules. Especially when you're talking about making it easier for users to find/manage content in context with easy to use explicit ordering.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Drew,

Do you have a project waiting for this module? I can share some thoughts in a personal e-mail, but once again, this is one of the big features that is going to appear first in the system.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Georgi, Yes we have a project that is mid swing and is in dire need of the lists module or at the very least some better way to visualize custom classifications from the back end and not spam the edit forms with 20 different one-off properties and classification options(we could figure out list ordering). It is too often the case that certain batches of content need to be displayed in various locations in an explicit order.

We are really missing the ability to add provider specific fields for generic content and using an overridden layout template on the backend. This was our default rather than a module for most client needs, and would have enabled us recreate Lists in no time.  Selecting the different providers from the drop drown in 3.7 wasnt extremely intuitive, but it was customizable and easy to reverse engineer the url structure and add it to the admin nav without needing a custom module. It generally took us under an hour to create some easily manageable, intensely structured areas of the site for context sensitive data.

With no lists support, and from what I can tell, no way to add custom classifications to the filter by areas of the backend we are in a tough spot trying to make this system manageable without overwhelming users or building out several module so a user doesn't have to see a long list of custom fields.

If you want to send me an email that would be fine. Our team needs to come to a consensus based on your plans(preferably today) on what the best method is to move forward. A custom module for every new type of Generic content we need to create is not looking like a good option at this point. Provider specific fields(i.e. 3.7) and custom layout widgets for the provider would be enough to suffice.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Drew Greenwell,

I am going to send you an e-mail now.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2011 00:00

Georgi-

We also have a pressing need for the lists module in 4.0 similar to that in 3.7.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Daniel,

I've written you an e-mail as well.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Georgi,
I am sorry to bother you, but we also are waiting for some news about the Lists module for Sitefinity 4. Is there any update or comment that might help us?
Thanks and regards,
Pablo

Ivan,

We are also awaiting news on a Lists module as we were heavily invested in using the different capabilities of it in 3.7. Any update would be greatly appreciated.

Dear team!

I'm about to move my client from 3.x to 4.0 SP1 and they have 17 lists that are crucial in order to move over to the new platform. Are there any workarounds until the lists module is in place?

Thanks in advance for any help/guidance,
Fredrik

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello,

Alright guys, it's no more a secret - the Lists module is coming with the Q1 release - http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/sitefinity-2011-q1-postponed-by-one-week.aspx#1579657

I hope this release will fit in your schedules. 

Greetings,
Georgi
the Telerik team

This thread is closed