Security

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 11:35

Security

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

I have downloaded and installed the sitefinity 4.0 trial.
How to organize security on my sitefinity site, by "Forms" authentication?
I need little example.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Hrachya,

The account that runs ASP.NET Worker process (by default it is NETWORK SERVICE) should have read/write rights over App_Data folder only and the web.config.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

I have created the "TestApp" sitefinity project and use for this project local IIS web server.
I have created two pages - "Home" and "Login" by sitefinity backend.
I have added in web.config  this configuration

<authentication mode="Forms">
            <forms loginUrl="localhost/.../login" name=".ASPXFORMSAUTH" defaultUrl="http://localhost/TestApp/home" ></forms>
  </authentication>
        <authorization>
            <deny users="?" />
        </authorization>

and  for NETWORK SERVICE all permissions is right.

when I running the project I have got this error page

Server Error in '/TestApp' Application.

Access is denied.

Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration.  Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server.  Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

I cant understand why?

Thanks.

Hello,

Please check this KB - support.microsoft.com/.../en-us

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I do not think that it is related to IIS web server, because with ASP.Net Development Server also gives the same error.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Hrachya,

Please try using the Sitefinity's configuration  Administration/Settings/Advanced >> Security from where you can set forms authentication attributes.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed