Filter functionality for news list on front

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:20

Filter functionality for news list on front

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Is there a way to supply filter functionality in the news widget? I need to list the news on a page, which is supported by the news widget, but I also need filter functionality - for example a dropdown list that determines which news should be listed (filter by date, category, author, etc.).

Hello Ivan,

In the designer of the News widget there are several options that you can filter the content. Please check attached  screenshot.
Additionally there is a FilterExpression property under the view of the control definition.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Ivan,

Thank you for the reply, but it seems I wasn't clear enough. I need to enable the user to filter the news list via a dropdown, the idea is that he/she should be able to see for example all the news in category1, or category2... by simply selecting the category from the dropdown. The filter functionality must be on the front view, not predefined in the design. I hope you could understand what my needs are.

Hello Ivan,

You have to create a custom widget that will do this. I made something similar for libraries in another post.
The difference is that you have to use News (Content API)

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed