Possible to add custom fields to the Image Edit Backend view

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 16:46

Possible to add custom fields to the Image Edit Backend view?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

I have a jQuery portfolio running that is pulling images and description from an album.  The problem I am running into is the character size limit that is set on the description field found under the details group when editing an image is truncating large descriptions that I want to use.  Is it possible to override this or add a custom field where I can set the size limit?  I see the ability to add custom fields in other areas of administration, but not at this particular level. I am also currently using the alt attribute to store a url that I am pulling to create a "view website" link that accompanies the image.  I would prefer to create a new field called url.

The main goal is to keep all the information in one spot so that it is easy to create slides for a portfolio.  I based my user control off your NewsRotator example, but I do not like having to create an image in one spot and then create a news item in another spot and make sure they both are named the same to then match them up.

Hi Stacey,

Custom fields are available for Images as well as other modules. There's a link at the bottom of the sidebar when you go to Content -> Images in the administration menu.

If you add a custom field of type "Long text", shortening the description shouldn't be a problem. You can also tweak the database type which will be used for that field in the Advanced options when creating it.
For the URL, even a "Short text" field should suffice.

Here's how to find the link to edit custom fields for images: http://screencast.com/t/grxXesYurW

All the best,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks, I will give that a try.  I did see that custom fields section you directed me to, but I thought it only was used for that listing page only and not for images as a whole.  Thanks for the clarification.

This thread is closed