form question

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:11

form question

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

OK, I'm still in the learning process of SF 4, so far so good. In my test site I created a 'contact us' page, works, etc. however, I want to take it to the next level. Can I create a custom form within VS 2010 that calls non SF code and store this data into a non SF database?

I'm looking to integrate some other tools within my site and so far I'm not seeing anywhere on how I can accomplish this.

nevermind, I figured it out and got it working.

I had a "moment"

As far as I know Sitefinity is a normal .NET WebApplication. You can do anything with it just like your normal ASP.NET WebApplication. But it also provides a very cool framework to work with. If you can make use of it, fantastic. or you can circumvent the Sitefinity Framework and write your own code.... which by the way defeats the purpose of Sitefinity...

i'm looking to connect to an external web service for sales lead generation and so far I don't see anything that will work that is "built in" to the SF framework. Other then that I'm building my site with the "out of the box" SF tools, controls, etc.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello,

There is a Web service - ~/Sitefinity/Services/Forms/FormsService.svc. That  you can try to use. You can type "help" after the service to see all methods that you can call.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

we want to connect to a non sitefinity web service which I got it to work last week

This thread is closed