Custom template for Menu... what file?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:55

Custom template for Menu... what file?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

I'm wanting When Using a menu under "Custom Template" but did not understand the question of the folders ... can you explain better?

Show at print....

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Never had that question? these specific details are not in pdf's. I need to resolve this because I could not adjust the menu pre-set ...

Does anyone know help?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi renato,

I am not sure what actually is not clear here. If you are going to use a custom template for the NavigationControl you should create an ascx and set its relative path to it.

NavigationControl has its own binding that applies over a control that you will declare in the ascx file. In your template you should have BaseDataBoundControl which has a DataSource property that we set to the SiteMapDataSource. If you do not have a BaseDataBoundControl in your template, you will get an ArgumentException. You might find this post useful.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

I'm having trouble searching on "navigation control" ... I am part of the design ... need to know what should be inside the file "ascx"

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi renato,

"In your template you should have BaseDataBoundControl which has a DataSource property that we set to the SiteMapDataSource."

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed