Parent page content instead of HTTP 404?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 09:20

Parent page content instead of HTTP 404?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I have created a page in Sitefinity with URL /test and with some content.
When I browse this page from http://localhost:60876/test I can see my text. It's OK.

When I try to browse non existing child page, for instance, localhost:60876/.../sub-test then it shows me the content of parent page. However, I expect to see HTTP 404 error.

I'd like to ask two questions:
1. Is it a bug or a new feature of Sitefinity 4?
2. In case of new feature, is there a way to obtain programmatically the values after parent page?
For example, on the parent page we have some widget and we have URL like this localhost:60876/.../sub-test2. Of course, the child pages with URLs sub-test and sub-test2 do not exist, therefore the parent page should be loaded. In widget's code I would like to get values:

var firstParam = someObject.Items[0]; //holds sub-test
var secondParam = someObject.Items[1]; //holds sub-test2

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance,
Anton.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Anton,

This is a known bug of Sitefinity which we have logged for fixing.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

This bug is still not fixed in Q1 release...

Posted by Community Admin on 04-May-2011 00:00

Hi Anton,

I added your issue to the bug.
Since the PITS system was introduced lately, you can track in it the progress of the bug on this public link:
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/4964

As long your second question in your initial post, please let me know if you find some solution to it or is it still pending.

Best wishes,
GeorgePPetrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Doug,

I checked with latest official release (4.4 from 2012 Jan 22) and saw the following behavior:

/home              200 OK           - ordinary page used as parent
/home/gp1        200 OK             - subpage of the parent page
/homz               404             - wrong URL
/home/z            Server error    - wrong URL after the parent page
/home/gp1/z     Server error      - wrong URL after the child page
/grouppage       200 OK           - group page
/grouppage/z    404                - wrong URL under a group page
/grouppage/subpage2     200 OK     - child page of a group page
/grouppage/subpage2/z  Server error - wrong URL under a subpage

I filled a critical bug for the above behavior - to have 404 instead of server error in above cases.

Regards,
GeorgePPetrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2012 00:00

Is there a new PITS number? I searched for 404, but didn't see anything recent and the old PITS item is still resolved.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support. It was my fault, thanks to you I changed the visibility of the PITS issue to public, its number is 9506.

Greetings,
GeorgePPetrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed