DiscountASP.NET Hosting Provider Page Needs Updating for 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:32

DiscountASP.NET Hosting Provider Page Needs Updating for 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Does the DiscountASP.NET Hosting Provider Page need updating for Sitefinity 4.0. All the references refer to 3.x.  

We're having problems with constantly being logged off and my user now is getting very fustrated. DRUPAL with free MySQL at DiscountASP.net is starting to push the project in a different direction. I told them to wait for the Feb Hot fix before deciding. I hope you can help out in time. I posted the problem with Logoffs earlier and changed the Application Pool to integrated. Are there more things that we should be aware to help the guy out? The logoffs do not occur locally - only at DiscountASP.NET. Thanks for your help. 

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

This happens when simply opening up the Blog Control at DiscountASP.net - it times out and then it bounces the user to logon again. There is no waiting time between hitting the EDIT button on the control when it is first displayed.  I could understand the user’s frustration. What should I tell them?  Is there anything we can tweak on the installation to get rid of this problem? 

Please see the attached screen prints.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

We are aware of this issue with DiscountASP.NET. It is partly related to Sitefinity's memory footprint - it goes above the allowed 200 MB on a shared hosting. This causes an application pool recycle. On the other hand however there is something with DiscountASP.NET which we are trying to resolve - on all of our tests locally and at hosting providers the login sessions is not lost on application pool recycle. We have only experienced the loss of authentication data only on DiscountASP.NET. We are tackling this issue with very high priority and expect a fix for it with the Service Pack release by the end of this month.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

Does Telerik still partner with DiscountASP? Do we still get deals with DiscountASP if
we have a Sitefinity 4.0  license?

Thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Andrei,

I would recommend approaching DiscountASP with questions about discounts for Sitefinity customers.

As Radoslav mentioned previously in this post, while the older versions of Sitefinity run fine on the DiscountASP.NET hosting platform, the newest v4 is experiencing some issues when running on our hosting platform. DiscountASP.NET and Telerik are working together to improve the customer experience with Sitefinity.

I suspect that due to the above, currently the deals with DiscountASP.net for Sitefinity customers are put on hold, but I might be wrong.

Greetings,
Grisha 'Greg' Karanikolov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed