First time setup analytics

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:09

First time setup analytics

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

We can't seem to setup our analytics. When we go the the analytics screen just about nothing happens.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Karl,

Thank you for contacting us.

My suggestion is to navigate to the App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration folder and delete the AnalyticsConfiguration.config file that contains the settings for the Analytics. It is possible that if you have upgraded your project the item is not setup properly. If the problem persists please make sure you are accessing the Analytics module as an Administrator.

Please let me know if you still experience issues setting up the Analytics.

Best wishes,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

I dug into it a bit farther and basically discovered that it doesn't work if you have ldap as your default security provider which is unfortunate. I think I have a simliar problem with RSS feeds and search indexes not working once you enable ldap.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Karl,

How did you concluded that this problem is related to LDAP? Do you have steps from which we can reproduce the issue? I am asking because we haven't experienced problems with the Analytics nor the search indexes and RSS configured in this environment.

Please let me know if you have further information on the issue so that we can better address it.

Thank you for contacting us and we look forward to resolving your issue as soon as possible.

All the best,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

If you have ldap as the default provider the first time analytics screen doesn't show any users so you can even set it up. I logged in with the default provider (the intitial admin account that was created) and changed my default provider to the the default and I could set it up. If I tried switching it back to ldap then the screen just says it loading and never brings anything up.

the rss turned out to be an issue with news items that we created in the RC not pulling in the feed. new items showed up fine.

I still haven't been able to get the search to work. I can create them but they don't seem to be picking anything up.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi kz,

Thank you for reporting the problem, we will investigate the problem and we will do our best to resolve it in the shortest possible frame.

We have a known issue that the search has some issues with multilingual website. Is your website multilingual? Would you elaborate a little bit more on the issues you encounter?

Thank you for contacting us, and please let me know whether you have any other questions.

Greetings,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed