running in 2 environments

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 20:14

running in 2 environments

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

When we go the sitefinity route we're looking to run a customer test and then a prod environment. One question that keeps coming up and so far I can't find anything on it is, deployment of content, files, etc from our customer test environment to our prod enviroment. All I'm seeing is moving of files but not content, How can we move content from our customer test environment to our prod environment once its signed off by the customer?

Hello DotNetGuy,

The content is stored into the database, so you need to use database replication/schema comparison tool or restore a backup to the production.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

hmm, so thats the only way? There is no "sync" tool like Ektron and some other CMS tools have were you can sync templates, content, etc right from the cms admin tool?

Hi DotNetGuy,

We do not have it yet, but we have plans to make similar integration., but we will not be able to do this for Q1.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

ok cool, so its in the works, that works for me since I'm just evaluating the tool right now to make sure it meets the business needs. thanks

This thread is closed