RSS feeds: Filter by category for News Items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 01:05

RSS feeds: Filter by category for News Items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

When using RSS feeds in Sitefinity 3.7, the News provider allowed the selection of certain categories. Only the news items that were assigned to these categories would show up in the feed.

I just tried to create a similar RSS feed in a Sitefinity 4.0 sandbox, however was unable to find such an option. If I select "News items" as content type, the feed automatically says "Include all items" with no option to apply any filter. Am I just missing the appropriate option, or is this functionality gone in Sitefinity 4.0? Will this be added back in the Q1 or Q2 releases?

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

This implementation is in our backlog (ID 68635).
As of now we haven't planned its implementation and will base our decision on the popularity of this request among users.

We are planning to launch PITs (Public Issue Tracking system) for SItefinity in the next weeks and we will make sure this request is listed there. 

All the best,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi

I really cant understand why you guys keep removing functionality. I was trying to do this myself now. Does this mean i have to create a new blog for every category if i want individual rss streams ? That is not practical at all is it? I am starting to have serious doubts whether Sitefinity is the solution to take us forward. This doesn't seem to be an isolated case.

Cheers

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Reg and Chris,

We are finalizing the plans for Q2 and I am writing to let you know that the development of feature will be included in Q2 release due in July.

It will most probably be scheduled for the first half of the Q and will be included in the SP in May.
More details on our Q plans will be announced on our web site in the coming weeks.  

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2011 00:00

A client of ours is requesting this functionality and I suspect others will in the future.  Please add this feature.

Thanks!
Devin

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Hi Devin,

This implementation is in the plans for Q2 and will be released in the second half of July. 

Regards, Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2011 00:00

Has this issued been addressed?  I just upgraded to 4.1 SP3 and it still appears to be the case that you cannot filter the new items on an RSS feed by category.  This is pretty important functionality to some of our customers.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Christine,

This functionality will be included in the official 4.2 release due towards the middle of the next week.
Please check our web site for updates on the timing.

Best wishes,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed