document link text property

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 23:41

document link text property

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi, 
I have a document link on a page. Works fine, but I need to change displayed  link text in stead of the file name.

I have only found "empty text" property : I guess it is for displaying some text when the link is broken or something.

I will keep the solution of changing the document name at last. 

Is there any suggestion.

Many thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello xheo,

How did you add this document link on your page? Did you use ContentBlock or any other control?

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan,

I used the "Document Link" control available in SF. 

Hi Bassem,

I saw what the problem is. The Insert Document manager gets the document name and it is not possible to change this from a dialog. Currently you should change the HTML  directly. I will put a request for extending the dialog with more fields.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

How can change the HTML directly ?  I know it is possible with content block
but document link does not provide such option or may be it does but I cannot see it.

Another question , when using document link it opens a new tab (when clicked) and browse the document.

I need to do the same with a menu in stead of document link  :  for some of my pages the only content is pdf document and I want to browse it. how could this be done in SF ?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Bassem,

I am talking about the content block control which is wrapper for RadEditor control, so you can change the HTML of the link in "HTML" mode.

As for the second question you have  - which control you use for your navigation?

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan Thank you for the fast reply,
Actually the the problem is in Content Block control I cannot add link to a document but only to a URL,  site page or email.

The only way I found to link a document is using the "Document Link" control but it has the problem of the texte display property.  

For the second question, I asked how to do it so if there is one or more navigation control that allows me to do it : I am taker,  

This brings more questions actually.
I want to have for some pages having a vertical menu (on side) with all pages of this section Let say for exemple.

in my master page I have one navigation (horizontal RadMenu) which gives me access to different section of my web.
Each section has its own sub menu (vertical) to browse this section.

I am trying to see how to do this : may be using nested templates by putting the horizontal menu in the base tempalte and each vertical menu in a sub template (sub template for each menu so for each section). 
My question was because in the sub menus I have some pages that contain only pdf docs and I wanted  to open them in browser when their corresponding item (of the sub menu) is clicked.
I hope I explained it well.
Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Bassem,

You can use a custom control that is populated by SiteMapDataSource. The SiteMapDataSource has a property StartFromCurrentNode - gets or sets a value indicating whether the site map node tree is retrieved using the node that represents the current page.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed