Search options from 3.7 missing?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 10:10

Search options from 3.7 missing?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

Have the search options from SF 3.7 "Enabling Wildcard and fuzzy searches" or "Stripping special characters" been removed?

If not, could you please let me know where to locate them?
Also, is there a list of features added or removed for the Search Service?

Theank you.

Hi,

Lucene supports fuzzy searches based on the Levenshtein Distance. You can gather more information at

Apache Lucene - Query Parser Syntax

SearchResults control has a property EscapeSpecialChars that you can set to true.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply.
I know Lucene supports fuzzy searches, I was wondering about the feature available in SF 3.7
Is that still available in SF 4.0?

How much is changed search-wise in Sf 4.0? Is there an article i can ready to gather all the information?

Hi,

We heave documented the widgets in our UserManual and here is small description about the search index.
Actually we use "pipes" that are related to the publishing system and pass the data to the lucene ( there is a SearchManager class in Sitefinity 4.0 . SearchManager has a provider which is LuceneSearchProvider. This provider works with lucene API to create documents - unit of indexing and search.)

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed