page creation/format question

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 15:26

page creation/format question

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

I have a few questions on pages:

When I go in and create a "new" page in the admin section of Sitefinity, is there a "physical" page being created or is it stored in the database?

On one of my pages, I have an image that appears correctly in design mode of the page, however when I run that page in preview mode, it does not, how can I place the image so it appears correctly on the page outside of the 'Edit' mode?

Image buttons: I need to add image buttons on my page and the gif files are referenced within my css, how can i place these image buttons on my page and link them to the page? Would I do this via the edit mode of the page? The image change when the user mouses over them

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi DotNetGuy,

1. There's no physical page. Everything goes through a Sitefinity route handler, all information about a page is kept in the database.
  2. How did you place this image in the first place? I tried this with the Image control in the toolbox and everything shows correctly in preview mode.
  3. I cannot understand what you want to achieve with these link buttons. If you want to be able to configure them through the CMS and edit their properties, then you can wrap them in user controls and add them to the toolbox. You can include your CSS styles in your theme, or you can link them through the server code of your custom control, they will work fine. Please describe your scenario in more detail.
Best wishes,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed