new content types (custom)

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:12

new content types (custom)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

How can I create new content types within SiteFinity? I'm looking for something like what Drupal has were my users can enter in a content type, such as products, customers, etc. and it goes against my defined table not a drupal/siteinfinity table. I don't see that option here within sitefinity 4 or am I missing something?

Also, how can you add a "new content type" under the Content menu option in the admin section of sitefinity?

Hello DotNetGuy,

Please check our Products Sample module that comes with the SDK installation. The module shows how to create custom content type and custom module that you can show in the backend navigation.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

is there a video or a doc explaining how to accomplish this? Looking at the code is fine, but I'd like to see it or read how it's done so I don't miss something

Hi DotNetGuy,

In the SDK you will find a document file that explains the architecture. We do not have a video.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2011 00:00

The 4.1 SDK doesn't appear to have a document explaining this.  The "Open Documentation" link is greyed out. There's a link under additional resources which goes here: http://www.sitefinity.com/40/help/developers-guide/introduction.html but that page doesn't appear to have much info.

Is there some other place that would have information on how to replicate this?  A quick video on how to set this up would be ideal as well.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Jay,

Have you checked the Products Sample module that comes with the SDK installation? There is entire custom module with custom content type and persistent classes for it.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jun-2011 00:00

I have been looking through that module in the SDK and it's helpful.  However... it's just a bunch of code.  It'd be great if there were an article or video somewhere that covered how that code was created, what each of the various classes do, how to integrate the module so it shows up in Sitefinity, etc, etc.  

Having a tutorial of some sort would save a ton of time over having to try to just reverse engineer a bunch of code without any real context.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Hello Jay,

There's a section in the developers guide, explaining how you can create a custom module. It uses exactly the Products module as an example. You can find it here. Maybe we could expose those resources better, because it is unfortunate if we have them but people cannot find them. Do you think a link in the SDK Samples Browser would be the best for this? We're open to any ideas on improving the documentation.

Regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

That would definitely be helpful.  There are currently "Open Documentation" and "Read Documentation Online" links in the SDK browser already.  They just don't actually work.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Jay,

Thanks for bringing this up. We'll fix the links for the next release.

Greetings,
Slavo
the Telerik team

This thread is closed