How do I add a project TO the project manager?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:31

How do I add a project TO the project manager?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Everytime I try and then perform an upgrade I get a corrupted error and the version never changes next load

I edit the XML, change all the properties then just add in a randomly generated Guid...or does the Guid somehow correspond to something in the project somewhere.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

If there was a serere error, the project manager would generate an error log. We would appreciate if you sent it to us.

As you have noticed, general project information is stored within projects.xml in the root directory of the project manager. The ID is just an unique identifier, and is neither part of the license, nor has any sigificant purpose other that differentiating projects.

You said that an error happens every time a project is upgraded. What does the program say? Does it crash? If you provided more information, we might be able to fix the issue for the upcoming service pack.

Greetings,
Dido
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Dido, it ONLY happens when I manually add in a project to the xml so I can preform the upgrade via the interface...not to projects made inside it.

I've done it 3 seperate times (on a couple machines), and 3 seperate times I've gotten corrupt messages

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Can you send me a screen shot of the error and the XML you add to the projects.xml?

Greetings,
Vlad
the Telerik team

This thread is closed