Very basic questions on Silverlight Controls

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 21:03

Very basic questions on Silverlight Controls

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

I'm just starting with SiteFinity and am trying to test the Book Silverlight control. This is what I tried.

1. From the Project Manager I selected the project and clicked "Go to Administration".
2. Clicked "Pages" from top menubar (within the browser)
3. Selected Edit Content from the action menu.
4. On the right side of the page, under Drag Widgets, I expanded RadControls.

This is where I'm stuck. I don't see any of the Silverlight controls. I was expecting to drag the "Book" Silverlight (as a widget) onto a page, set the necccessary properties and have it working.

Questions
1. Are the Silverlight controls only accessable from Visual Studio?
2. Is it possible to use the Silverlight controls as widgets?
3. I know very little about Silverlight. Do I need to learn how to program against silverlight to use the "Book" (or any of the other) Silverlight Rad Controls?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi David,

Silverlight controls are not added directly as widgets. You can create Silverlight controls in Sitefinity and then plug them in Sitefinity. I suggest that you should take a look out our SDK where we have used the Book control. You can also take a look at

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed