Newsletter enhancements in Q1, 2011

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 22:36

Newsletter enhancements in Q1, 2011

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

I've read the road map for Q1 this year and have a question about the enhancements that will be rolled out for the newsletter module.

Will the report functionality show me email addresses that read and forwarded the newsletter, or is it only a combined statistic such as # emails read, # emails forwarded?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Amanda Shafer,

I confirm that the report functionality will show the actual email addresses that read and forwarded the newsletter.

Let me know if you have more questions.
All the best,
Kalina
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi, 

I have been doing some customization. i took off the Newsletter module because I do not need it and the below error comes up when i am trying to access Administration->settings

Server Error in '/Ids' Application.

Could not find the specified key "Newsletters" or class id "NewslettersResources".

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Could not find the specified key "Newsletters" or class id "NewslettersResources".

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Could not find the specified key "Newsletters" or class id "NewslettersResources".]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Resource.GetString(ResourceDataProvider provider, String classId, String key, CultureInfo culture, Boolean falback, Boolean throws) +455
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Res.Get(String classId, String key, CultureInfo culture, Boolean fallback, Boolean throws) +168
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Templates.Attribute.GetValue(SubstitutionItem subst, Control bindingContainer) +92

[TemplateException: A resource file with the specified class ID "NewslettersResources" was not found. This class ID declaration appears in Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Backend.Configuration.Basic.BasicSettingsSidebar.ascx.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Templates.Attribute.GetValue(SubstitutionItem subst, Control bindingContainer) +229
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Templates.Attribute.GetValue(PropertyDescriptor descriptor, Control bindingContainer) +53
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Templates.Attribute.SetAttribute(Object component, Control bindingContainer, Boolean bound) +167
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Templates.ObjectBuilder.CreateObject(Control bindingContainer, PlaceHoldersCollection placeHolders) +203
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Templates.ControlBuilder.CreateControl(Control bindingContainer, PlaceHoldersCollection placeHolders) +18
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Templates.ControlBuilder.CreateControl(Control bindingContainer) +12
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Templates.RootBuilder.CreateChildControls(Control parent, Control bindingContainer) +269
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.StringTemplate.InstantiateIn(Control container, PlaceHoldersCollection placeHolders) +88
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.StringTemplate.InstantiateIn(Control container) +7
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ViewModeControl`1.get_Container() +64
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ViewModeControl`1.CreateChildControls() +36
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +122
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +49
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +204
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6880

Thanks,
Andrei

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1 

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Andrei,

I have addressed your issue in your other thread that you have opened. For your convenience I'm quoting my answer below:

"Hi Andrei,

Did you to remove the Newsletters module? I saw your post in the forums and I believe that's the issue. You need to register it again now, and restart the application. You do that by putting the following line in your AppData/Sitefinity/Configuration/SystemConfig.config file of your SitefinityWebApp project

Copy Code
Copy Code
<add name="Newsletters" />
Restart the application and the Newsletters module should be installed, and you will be able to access the Settings page.

Currently we do not provide a tool for removing the modules, and in your particular case, NewslettersResources are referenced in the Basic settings sidebar template, so removing the module gives you this error when accessing Administration >> Settings. We will inspect that behavior."

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2011 00:00

Can you please tell me where I can get the email address of who opened or forwarded an email?

In the tests that I ran, all it shows are numbers.The numbers are also very strange. I sent the newsletter to two test recepients (myself and a co-worker). We both opened the newsletter email. It's reporting 0 successful deliveries and -6 unopened. I know it is still in Beta, but was wondering if it was functioning well for anyone else.

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda Shafer,

Thank you for providing us with this valuable information. Please excuse us for the inconvenience, I have followed the described steps, and successfully reproduced the issue you mentioned. The issue is logged as a bug and we'll be working on fixing it for our upcoming releases. I've updated your Telerik points accordingly.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2011 00:00

Hello Boyan,
Thank you for the reply. Just two clarifications needed.

1. Does this mean there is currently no way to get a list of who (email address, subscriber name) openeded or forwarded an email? In February, Kalina from the Telerik team had confirmed it would be possible (See earlier post). Was this not implemented?

2. Is there an estimate as to when the newsletter numbers will be functioned correctly? Which service pack? Or is there a PITS number for this?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda Shafer,

We are aiming to remove the beta label from the module by the end of this Q. The issues in the campaign management should also be resolved by then. 
Unfortunately, there is no PITS issues for the issues you've noted, but we will make sure to log such so that you can track the progress.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hello Georgi,
Thank you for responding. I look forward to the improvements on the newsletter. One of our projects is actually waiting to launch for it. The other system we use currently have this functionality and we need it before the site can switch over. We'd rather not have to use a 3rd party system in the meantime.
Thanks!
- Amanda

This thread is closed