Shared Content in Content Block

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:20

Shared Content in Content Block

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi there

a) Since shared content is under development for the Q1 how about adding the abillity to add shared content into a content block? That would acutally be a step up from 3.7

b) if this is not going to happen what is the best way to do such stuff.

Lets say you have 15 content blocks that have the shipping rate in it. Now the rate changes and of course you don't want to look for it all over the site. 

How do you experts handle such cases. So you can store some values (prices, phonenumber, item numbers) in one place but still have an average CMS backend user include them with ease?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Anyone on this?

I guess someone must have had this request before to have shared content in a text block.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

This solution would require a custom control with control designer which has content selector inside it. You have to get the content item and its content on the client component and pas it to the RadEditor.Content - there is a client side API that you can use .

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Thanks Ivan

Any chance this will make it on a Q3 list. Or is this simply not a common request.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2011 00:00

Dear Ivan

Is the proposed solution simply working when pickung content. What I want is a central place to change content that will then be updated everywhere on the site. Not just beeing able to pick a shared content in a design block when entering text.

Anybody out there who to do this.

Markus

PS: At the moment I run an extra admin page where the clients can enter data ad create a widget, but his of course is not as flexible as the client can not change the widget themself. So a shard contenent in a content block would be huge in SF 4.0

Hi Markus,

As several members from the team posted in our forums, we will have this feature for Q1. There is no elegant out of the box solution in the current implementation, since we do not have a code base that will expose you shared content capabilities. I suggest that you should wait for Q1.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Dear Ivan

I am exprecting Shared Content with Q1 allright. I was more wondering haveing a shared content within a content block.

Once the shared content will be available (I assume as in 3.7) there would still be the need for example to have a shared content in a content block.

Fore example VAT. If you have 15 content blocks that refer to VAT beeing for example 7.6 % (as it was till this year in Switzerland) and now it goes up to 8% it would be nice to have a single place to store this value.

Content Block 1

You bla bla bla bla, added n.n % VAT. Bi bo bu bla bal

Content Block 2

If you purchuse bla bla bla bla n.n % VAT will be added. bla bla bla

So what I would be looking for is a way to use shared conetent as part of a content block itself (within) not instead.

Markus

This thread is closed