modules

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 17:39

modules

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Ok, I'm gettiing there with creating a new custom module/content type, however I ran into a snag.
I'm following the jobs int. module and making it meet my needs, which it worked, however, I made some changes and now when I click on my new content type its looking for the old test content type. So my question is, in the tutorial, there are 2 GUID (landingpageid and subPageId), how are those 2 GUID generated and will those to be used for all "custom" modules that I create? I'm not sure if that's my issue but that's the only thing I see different.

Also,
is there a way to "customize" the backend pages? Meaning, I would like to "brand them: for my clients so when they log in, they see their colors, logo, etc.

Is that possible?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello DotNetGuy,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Concerning the landingPageId and subPageId these two GUIDs are hard coded into the install logic, to assist you in creating a Backend page for managing your custom modules. What I'd suggest you to check is if you've used the correct assemblies from the bin folder when registering your module, maybe you might check again this guide .

About the second part of your question it's possible - you could apply a custom theme to the Backend. I'd recommend you to take a look at the following article which might assist you.

I hope this information was useful. Please let me know if I can assist you any further with this service request. Thank you in advance.

Greetings,

Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed