Could not load type 'SitefinityWebApp.Site1' (Site1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 02:55

Could not load type 'SitefinityWebApp.Site1' (Site1 is masterpage)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I made and uploaded a pretty standard .master page, but get this error:

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'SitefinityWebApp.Site1'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Site1.master.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.Site1" %>

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi G S S,

Can you please make sure that you have built your website before using the master page? Also you can try changing the CodeBehind property to CodeFile, this will automatically compile the class at runtime.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

I changed CodeBehind to CodeFile and I get the error: "The file '/App_Master/MobileHome.master.cs' does not exist"
I am using Sitefinity 3.7 and when prompted during upload that the master page has a codebehind page, I click ok.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Thomas Derenthal,

When you click OK you should see a second upload box which allows you to select the code file. Can you please let me know if you are uploading the master file.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2011 00:00

It does not prompt me a second time for a codebehind page. I am using 3.7

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Thomas Derenthal,

Can you please try FTPing the master page file and its code file to the ~/App_Master directory of your website?

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2011 00:00

I am so sorry to have troubled you with this. I now see where it is prompting me for the code behind. My bad.

This thread is closed