Sitefinity 3.7 to Sitefinity 4.0 Migration: Multiple Host He

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 14:52

Sitefinity 3.7 to Sitefinity 4.0 Migration: Multiple Host Headers

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2011 00:00

We've successfully created two new Sitefinity 4.0 websites, so now we want to go back to the Sitefinity 3.7 websites and upgrade them to Sitefinity 4.0.

I've been trying to work through the Migration Tool, but there are roadblocks. 

I will enter forum entries audit trailing my roadblocks and breakthroughs.

I'm getting exceptions and database inconsistencies that render the website unusable, so I'm going back to the beginning and backing up different stages to allow me to rollback, then I'm going to step through the migration tool code line-by-line.

My production website has multiple host headers, so I added the following to the bottom of <system.serviceModel>

<serviceHostingEnvironment multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true"> 

</serviceHostingEnvironment> 

This allows the Migration Export Service web service page to come up.

Stay tuned!

BTW:  I beleive Migration is going to be a major topic that deserves its own space in the Forum instead of inside General.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your input. There are some settings that might be tweaked in the 3.7 web.config. For example if you try to migrate a video library with large files you might was to add transferMode="Streamed" to your 

<binding name="basicHttpBinding> so it becomes something like

<binding name="basicHttpBinding" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647" maxBufferSize="2147483647" maxBufferPoolSize="2147483647" transferMode="Streamed">

All the best,
Lupi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed