New Project Error

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 19:22

New Project Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid provider name "Default" for SitefinityMembershipProvider specified in web.config file. The name should match one of the providers configured in Sitefinity's Security.config configuration.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Invalid provider name "Default" for SitefinityMembershipProvider specified in web.config file. The name should match one of the providers configured in Sitefinity's Security.config configuration.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Invalid provider name "Default" for SitefinityMembershipProvider specified in web.config file. The name should match one of the providers configured in Sitefinity's Security.config configuration.]
  Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserManager.OnInitialized() +403
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.Initialize() +623
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +34
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor() +32

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +117
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +247
   System.Activator.CreateInstance() +88
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +120
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.InitializeProvidersList() +125
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182
   System.Web.UI.Control.FindControl(String id, Int32 pathOffset) +35
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.get_ChangePasswordLink() +54
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.UpdateVisibilityOfLinks() +203
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.set_ShowChangePasswordLink(Boolean value) +93
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.LoginRouteHandler.SetLoginLogoutFroms(Page handler, RequestContext requestContext, String view) +360
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHandlerBase.Handler_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +377
   System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +40
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1

The provider in web.config is setup as:

<membership defaultProvider="Default">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add name="Default" type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Data.SitefinityMembershipProvider, Telerik.Sitefinity"/>
</providers>
</membership>

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Chris,

Thank you for using our services.

Can you please let us know what were the conditions under which you got this error? Please also let us know the exact Sitefinity version you are using, as well as what steps lead to experiencing this.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Radoslav,

Thank you for the follow up.  The version is 4.0.1160.0.  I had just recently upgraded the project from the previous version of Sitefinity.  There were no particular special conditions, I upgraded and tried to run the project and received the error.  I ended up having to delete the project and re-create it which was a bear.  Is there any way to avoid this in the future?  I'm just in development right now but don't want to run into that later in production.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

The membership provider should be declared in the securityConfig.config file that is available under App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

I haven't made any changes to any of the configuration or providers, so I'm not sure what happened that this would change the default membership provider.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Chris,

Please go to the configuration setting of the backend and check whether you have provider with name "Default". The error you see is thrown when the UserManager class is trying to get the value associated with a given key which is the provider name - "Default". The error says that the collection does not contain this provider with name "Default"

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2011 00:00

Server Error in '/samplesite' Application.

Invalid provider name "Default" for SitefinityMembershipProvider specified in web.config file. The name should match one of the providers configured in Sitefinity's Security.config configuration.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Invalid provider name "Default" for SitefinityMembershipProvider specified in web.config file. The name should match one of the providers configured in Sitefinity's Security.config configuration.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Invalid provider name "Default" for SitefinityMembershipProvider specified in web.config file. The name should match one of the providers configured in Sitefinity's Security.config configuration.]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserManager.OnInitialized() +415
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.Initialize() +637
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +24
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserManager..ctor() +20

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +98
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +241
   System.Activator.CreateInstance() +103
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +90
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.FindUserById(Guid userId, String providerName) +73
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.VerifyAuthenticateInTheDatabase(SitefinityPrincipal principal, String loginIp, String lastLoginStamp) +144
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.VerifyAuthenticateRequest(SitefinityPrincipal principal, String loginIp, String lastLoginStamp) +386
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.AuthenticateRequest(HttpContextBase context) +932
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Context_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +18
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +168
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

this is the error i faced when i tried to create a table and map it with the form name which i wanted to create and mapped coloum names with textbox id.

Then the following error is shown please help how to resolve it.
Regards,
Aparna

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Aparna,

Can you provide more information about what you're trying to do. Manual creating and mapping of tables is not advisable at all. Sitefinity is based on the OpenAccess ORM which handles the creation/mappings of database objects. Could tell us how did you create and map that table?

Best wishes,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2011 00:00

hi pavel!

Thank You For Your Response. I got the Error cleared it was because i used the primary key colum as text box.

Regards,
Aparna

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

I have a similar problem, running 4.0.1210.0 and tried to modify a form when I recived the same error message.

The site was inaccessible from then on, so I cannot get to the backend admin functions (or any area of the CMS).

Any attempt to access the site or login to Sitefinity returns this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot find the object "sf_contact" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

There is no Default Provider defined in the SecurityConfig file. Will adding one correct this issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Ken,

It looks like that you have added some custom tables to the database

Cannot find the object "sf_contact" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

and there is an issue with this set up. Is this a table for a custom module? Where and how you use sf_contact?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed