Using asp.net membership in 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 18:03

Using asp.net membership in 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2011 00:00

Is it possible yet (version 4.0.1098.0) to use existing asp.net membership databases for users and roles?  If so, is there any documentation on it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello Ryan,

We will have this for SP1. Please take a look at our roadmap.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

I don't see anything about a sync process, meaning updating your dev/staging environment to your prod environment. Right now I was informed from the database side you have to do manually, will there be something like Ektron for a syncing process?

Hi Ryan,

We have plans to do this as well, but we will not be able to finish the implementation for Q1. Once we plan all requirements for this task and come up with a certain time we will announce when we are going to release a build with dev/staging sync functionality.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Are ASP.NET membership and role providers supported in SP1? I read through the release notes, but it wasn't mentioned.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Eric,

The membership/role/profile provider wrappers will be ready for Q1 release.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Forgive me, but I'm starting to become skeptical that this feature will ever be implemented. It's always promised in the next release and always gets pushed. Someone from Telerik has posted that it would be in a pre-RC release, then they posted it'd be in the official release, then they posted it was in the SP, now it's going to be in Q1. Is there another feature that's been pushed as much as this one?

This is critical to my application and is delaying its testing/release. Unfortunately, had I known this feature wouldn't be supported, I would've had to have chosen another CMS... and may still have to.

Don't get me wrong, I love the product, but I just don't feel confident that we'll get this feature in Q1. I keep looking for it in an internal build, so at least I could get it into testing. Please get this into an internal release as soon as possible -- at least then I could test.

Hi Eric,

We are ready with the implementation and there are some small features that we are working it it - like profile avatars, so I believe that you will be able to test the providers for Q1.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed